It is not totally certain whether diet and exercise have a direct effect on endometriosis, but what is clear is that they have a positive effect on a great many other conditions and diseases. Reducing red meat in the diet, increasing the amounts of green vegetables and fresh fruit, together with a few days of intensive physical activity per week can only improve your overall wellness. And, what is more, it is entirely possible that they may very well have a positive effect on the severity of your endometriosis symptoms. So, why not give them a try?
So what can you do? Here are a few ideas for you to incorporate both into your daily routine:
- Add vegetables and fruit randomly to your usual recipes
- Keep a stock of pre-cut vegetables and fruit bowls in the fridge. A lot healthier than crisps!
- Prepare meals around vegetables and not meat
- Exercise with a partner or in groups. You may need all the support you can get!
- Find an activity that you love doing. Dancing or tennis for example.
The important thing to understand is that simple changes to lifestyle and diet for endometriosis can make a huge difference.